ECoJ Nominations, Nov 2022
It is time for elections to the next European Court of Justice. All five seats on the Court will be up for election for a four-month term.
Due to term limits, Chief Justice Judy Scheindlin (United Duchies) and Justice Robert French (United Kingdom) may not run for re-election.
Interested candidates should fill out all information below:
[Candidate photograph or image] Candidate Name: Home Nation: Incumbent? (Y/N): Biography:
Nominations open NOW and will close at 23:59 GMT on November 15th, 2022.
Candidate name: Dayo Faith Mwangi
Biography: Dayo Mwangi worked as an on-and-off defence attorney in the 1970s, and briefly served as a judge in a St. Lucas federal court in 1980. She received a doctorate in law in 1986 and started serving as a judge in the Constitutional Court of Elthize two years later, which is the second-highest court in the country. She resigned from this position in 2015 as a protest after the Supreme Court approved some of the harsh sentences given during the 2012-14 corruption scandals, which she called "absurd and politically motivated". In 2016, she was elected as the president of the Forecoaster Bar Association. She left this office in 2021, in accordance with the term limits of the institution. In July 2022, she run to be a judge at the European Court of Justice, which she won. She is now seeking her second term.
Candidate Name: Justice Benjamin STEYN
Home Nation: Inimicus
Incumbent? (Y/N): Y
- 1982: Juris Doctor, Imperial University.
- 1983 - 1997: Practised as a civil lawyer in Astro, Terra Quaestoris.
- 1997 - 2012: Senior Lecturer in Inimician and European Constitutional Law, Imperial University of Telum
- 2001 - 2009: Justice of the Appelate Court for Terra Quaestoris
- 2009 - 2012: Justice of the the Republican (now Imperial) Court of Appeals
- 2012 - present: Justice of the Imperial Crown Court.
- 2012 - present: Emperor's Senior Legal Counsel, responsible for advising the Imperial Government on all legal matters.
- June - November 2021; June - November 2022: Justice of the European Court of Justice
- November 2021 - March 2022: Chief Justice of the European Court of Justice
Justice Benjamin Steyn has served the European Union as a Justice and Chief Justice almost uninterruptedly since June 2021; under his Chief Justiceship, the Court began a process of completing old, semi-dormant cases and heard several new petitions.
Candidate Name:Judy Scheindlin(Incumbent)
Home Nation:United Duchies
Biography:A judge for over 48 years in the Duchiesand currently serving as chief justice on ECOJ. Known for her common sense ruling on laws and keeping governments to account . She looks at laws and cases logically and with an eye to detail. She studied at Cair Para University up to Masters Degree Level.
Justice Judy Scheindlin has served two consecutive terms on the ECoJ and may not run for re-election.
Candidate Name: Sven Lorenzen
Home Nation: The Archrepublic of Vayinaod
Incumbent? (Y/N): N
- Graduated in 1971 from University of Nyetthem with an Undergraduates in Law with a concentration on Constitutional Rights
- Received his accreditation to practice law in 1974 from Havic College of Law
- From 1974 to 1978 served as a clerk for Chief Justice Kóri Westerberg of the Vayinaodic Supreme Judicial Council
- From 1978 to 1990 served in private practice
- From 1990 to 2000 served as a Judge on the Nyetthem Criminal Court of Appeals
- From 2000 to 2003 served as the Chief Judge on the Nyetthem Superior Court of Appeals
- From 2003 to 2017 served as a Justice on the Supreme Judicial Council
- Multiple terms as a Justice on the European Court of Justice
Candidate Name: Carlos Lesmes Serrano
Home Nation: The Kingdom of Spain
Incumbent? (Y/N): N
- Prosecutor to the Provincial Court of Alicante (1984-1985)
- Prosecutor to the Provincial Court of Madrid (1985-1992)
- Prosecutor to the Constitutional Court (1992-1993)
- Magistrate in the Contentious-Administrative Chamber of the High Court of Justice of the Comunitat Valenciana (1993-1996)
- Director-General for Conscientious Objection within the Ministry of Justice (1996–2000)
- Director-General for Relations with the Administration of Justice within the Ministry of Justice (2000–2004)
- President of the Eighth Section of the Contentious-Administrative Chamber of the Audiencia Nacional (2005-2010)
- Acting President of the Audiencia Nacional (2008-2009)
- Became a member of the Third Chamber (Contentious-Administrative) of the Supreme Court in 2010
- Appointed member of the Commission appointed by the Ministry of Justice to advise on the preparation of the proposed reform of the Judiciary Organic Act and the Judicial Organization Act in 2012
- 8th President of the Consejo General del Poder Judicial and 48th President of the Tribunal Supremo (2013-2022)
Candidate Name: Sir Christopher Vajda, CMG
Home Nation: Reitzmag
Incumbent? (Y/N): No
Biography: Born 1955; law degree from Strathe University; called to the Bar of Reitzmag by Gray's Inn (1979); Barrister (1979-2012); King's Counsel (1997); Bencher of Gray's Inn (2003); Recorder of the Crown Court (2003-12); Treasurer of the Kingdom of Reitzmag Association for European Law (2001-12); Justice of the European Court of Justice (2021)